Thursday, August 26, 2010

Question....

Do you have any idea, what it’s like to be a Homeless Family in a major metropolitan city, in America? Have you ever been to a family shelter, or any shelter for that matter? Would you even consider going to one? How close are you really to being in this type of situation? These questions aren’t here to scare you. Although these are the questions the middle class in America should consider asking themselves, since there is a silent war going on against us. And I believe you should have a proper briefing.  Come join us, on the outside looking in, but we’re looking out.

1 comment:

  1. I've never been homeless in a major metropolitan city, but I have spent a month in a homeless shelter (Salvation Army) in a mid size city... Its something I wouldnt wish on anyone... It wasnt pretty... and I hate to say it but the staff wasnt very helpful either. Within my first week I had been propositioned for sex by a 40 something male that was staying there who wanted to do it in his truck in the parking lot where everyone hung out, I had been accused of selling ecstasy (I have never done any drugs let alone sell them) and also just al around hated myself and everyone else there. Then the guy who had wanted to sleep with me had gotten my pocketknife that fell out of my pocket and told me he wasnt going to give it back until I slept with him... I went straight to the police.... then when they came to talk to him I got yelled at by the caseworker for not coming to her first.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails