Sunday, August 29, 2010

Kind of Ironic...

I think it's kind of ironic that the weekend before the NYC Comptroller's audits to The Department of Homeless Services, The Shelter I'm in starts sprucing up the place, changing hallway doors, making sure the rooms are cleaned with surprise inspections, case workers on overtime. Since I've gotten here over 90 days ago, no lie I  caught a literal average of 1 mouse a day for 30 days, some days nothing, and some days 3 or four mice on one trap, and a bed-bug infestation. Who does that inspection, the inspection of 3 year old dirt, hair and mouse skeletons with fur that I pulled out of the air conditioner's filter, so much it left a six by six inch pile. My kids shouldn't have to breathe that or endure scores of rodents that have been here so long they jump over the glue traps. Better look up DEP's (Department of Environmental Protection) number on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails